We recorded 131 VC/PE transactions pertaining to the global life sciences sector for April 2021, aggregating to a sum of USD 6.5B.
The USA recorded 88 transactions with total investment of USD 3.8B. China reported investment of USD 585m from 12 VC/PE transactions. Rest of world accounted for 31 transactions aggregating to USD2.2B. US companies featured in 6 of top 10 transactions in Apr’21, EU based companies accounted for 3 and India accounting for 1 each.
China also reported 1 IPO and 10 cross border transactions involving in/out licensing deals and other forms of partnerships.
The top transactions for Apr’21 were all dominated by US companies:
- Exscientia, UK (USD 525m), Series D
- Adagio Therapeutics, USA (USD 336m), Series C
- Pharmeasy, India (USD 350m)
- Kry, Sweden (USD 312m), Series D
- Benchling, USA (USD 200m), Series E